The Alphaset System is a no-bake foundry binder system utilizing an alkaline phenolic resin cured by an organic ester co-reactant developed and patented by Borden Chemical.
This resin system is a two-part, water-soluble system that delivers the production of quality castings.
Why do foundries use Alphaset?
Compared to Furan - no sulfur and no FA equals lower odor and a pleasanter system to use
Compared to Phenolic-urethane - no organic solvents means lower odor and a pleasanter system to use
Compared to FA and PUNB, Easier strip means better pattern life, and striping can happen long after strip time
- Excellent system for steel applications
- Excellent hot strength
- Veining resistance
- A wide variety of co-reactants to choose from for an excellent product flexibility
- Low emissions profile; VOC and HAPs
- Water based resin
- Sand reclamation can be achieved in an efficient way by thermally reclaiming using the Alpha Beta Max additive.
- Excellent release properties
HAI can help you optimize your operation, improve your performance, and help you choose components to meet all your core-making needs. HAI will help you choose the right Part 1 to Part 2 ratios for your operation. Contact us today and let one of our experienced employees help you find the best binder to achieve your goals.
For additional product information, contact Aaron Kaboff at Aaron.firstname.lastname@example.org.