Custom Resin Coated Sand
EcoFlo 3.0 is the next generation of environmental series resin coated sand that is part of the HA International EcoMission product line. It is designed to maintain low ammonia and formaldehyde emissions while having increased strength compared to other environmental grades. This allows for the potential to reduce the total resin content required for environmental resin coated sands or the ability to maintain resin levels of conventional grades if converting to environmental.
- Reduced Emissions – 70% reduction in ammonia and formaldehyde emissions when compared to conventional formulas.
- High Humidity Resistance – Increased humidity resistance is substantial, especially when compared to other environmental grades of resin coated sand.
- Low Lumping – Reduced lumping means better flowability in hot and humid climates, which also reduces the need for additional processing.
- Increased Strength – Increase in tensile strength when compared to other environmental grades.
- Drop-in replacement for the incumbent grade at a lower resin content
- Higher sand tonnage allowance within the same VOC permit tier
- Lower core-making emissions for an improved operator environment
- Potential to improve cycle times during core-making
- 6-14% Reductions observed on specific jobs
Custom Coat EcoFloMinimizing our impact on the environment is part of HAI's EcoMission. To be recognized as an EcoMission classification, each of our products must meet at least three out of five environmental criteria.
Custom Coat E-Series meets all five of the criteria to receive the EcoMission designation:
- Utilizes water or renewable components - Water-based components used for manufacture.
- Utilizes recycled components - Recycled phenol is used for resin manufacture to reduce waste generation, and recycled sand is used when available.
- Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) - Lowest free phenol resins available are used to minimize VOC emissions in the coating operation and in the resin coated sand.
- Low Hazardous Air Pollutant (HAP) - Lower formaldehyde levels generated at core and mold making and low free phenol contents reduce the HAPs generated during use.
- Low Odor -Formulated with a new deodorizer, along with low nitrogen levels and low free phenol levels, resulting in noticeably lower smoke and odor in the core shop.
A Complete Line of Companion and Auxiliary Products
HAI also offers a complete line of Companion and Auxiliary products for the foundry process. Our NixStix family of release agents and ShellWeld shell adhesives are a perfect match for your Resin Coated Sand products.
HAI can help you optimize your operation, improve your performance, troubleshoot core or mold problems, and help you choose components to meet all your core-making needs. HAI will help you choose the right resin coated sand for your operation. Contact us today and let one of our experienced employees help you achieve your goals.