Custom Resin Coated Sand
CC EcoFlo is an environmentally friendly resin coated sand that is part of the HA-International EcoMission product line. CC EcoFlo is designed to both reduce ammonia and formaldehyde emissions while improving humidity resistance compared to other environmental grades. CC EcoFlo maintains strength in shell cores, emits minimal ammonia, and most importantly, reduces lumping propensity, even in hot and humid conditions.
- Reduced Emissions
70% reduction in ammonia and formaldehyde emissions when compared to conventional formulas.
- Increased Humidity Resistance
Increased humidity resistance is substantial, especially when compared to other environmental grades of resin coated sand.
- Reduced Lumping
Reduced lumping means better flowability in hot and humid climates, which also reduces the need for additional processing.
The primary focus of any environmental grade is to provide high-performing sand with significant emissions reductions. CC EcoFlo provides a 70% reduction in both formaldehyde and ammonia when compared to conventional grades.
If you are looking to reduce shell core making emissions in a hot or humid environment, CC EcoFlo resin coated sand is the solution for your production.
Custom Coat EcoFlo
Minimizing our impact on the environment is part of HAI's EcoMission. To be recognized as an EcoMission classification, each of our products must meet at least three out of five environmental criteria.
Custom Coat E-Series meets all five of the criteria to receive the EcoMission designation:
- Utilizes water or renewable components - Water-based components used for manufacture.
- Utilizes recycled components - Recycled phenol is used for resin manufacture to reduce waste generation, and recycled sand is used when available.
- Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) - Lowest free phenol resins available are used to minimize VOC emissions in the coating operation and in the resin coated sand.
- Low Hazardous Air Pollutant (HAP) - Lower formaldehyde levels generated at core and mold making and low free phenol contents reduce the HAPs generated during use.
- Low Odor -Formulated with a new deodorizer, along with low nitrogen levels and low free phenol levels, resulting in noticeably lower smoke and odor in the core shop.
A Complete Line of Companion and Auxiliary Products
HAI also offers a complete line of Companion and Auxiliary products for the foundry process. Our NixStix family of release agents and ShellWeld shell adhesives are a perfect match for your Resin Coated Sand products.
HAI can help you optimize your operation, improve your performance, troubleshoot core or mold problems, and help you choose components to meet all your core-making needs. HAI will help you choose the right resin coated sand for your operation. Contact us today and let one of our experienced employees help you achieve your goals.