Custom Coat • Custom Coat E-Series
Resin Coated Sand Designed For Your Unique Operation
Custom Resin Coated Sand
HA-International customizes each and every resin coated sand formulation so you can optimize your operation's unique capabilities. No matter which path you take – conventional high-quality products or a greener direction with our EcoMission products, HA-International has the solution you need for your foundry's application. Our Custom Coat product line features:
- Faster build-up of sand helping reduce invest times.
- Good cure through and uniformity of cure.
- Excellent sand flowability with high resistance to peel back.
Our Custom Coat product line is designed for today's demanding foundry applications. This sand has been designed to provide high levels of productivity by using the latest technology available to the foundry industry.
Our Custom Coat products are produced and manufactured to your product's exact specifications:
- Resin content: 1-5%
- Hexa content: 10%+ (BOR)
Our resin coated sand product line includes Custom Coat E-Series, an environmentally compliant line of formulas that reduces ammonia and formaldehyde emissions by 30% and 60% from conventional formulas. Our Custom Coat E-Series formula incorporates all odor-reducing methods:
- Resin content: 1-5%
- Hexa content: 5% maximum (BOR)
- Liquid resin curing agent included
- Low odor
Custom Coat E-Series
Minimizing our impact on the environment is part of HAI's EcoMission. To be recognized as an EcoMission classification, each of our products must meet at least three out of five environmental criteria.
Custom Coat E-Series meets all five of the criteria to receive the EcoMission designation:
- Utilizes water or renewable components - Water-based components used for manufacture.
- Utilizes recycled components - Recycled phenol is used for resin manufacture to reduce waste generation, and recycled sand is used when available.
- Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) - Lowest free phenol resins available are used to minimize VOC emissions in the coating operation and in the resin coated sand.
- Low Hazardous Air Pollutant (HAP) - Lower formaldehyde levels generated at core and mold making and low free phenol contents reduce the HAPs generated during use.
- Low Odor -Formulated with a new deodorizer, along with low nitrogen levels and low free phenol levels, resulting in noticeably lower smoke and odor in the core shop.
A Complete Line of Companion and Auxiliary Products
HAI also offers a complete line of Companion and Auxiliary products for the foundry process. Our NixStix family of release agents and ShellWeld shell adhesives are a perfect match for your Resin Coated Sand products.
HAI can help you optimize your operation, improve your performance, troubleshoot core or mold problems, and help you choose components to meet all your core-making needs. HAI will help you choose the right resin coated sand for your operation. Contact us today and let one of our experienced employees help you achieve your goals.